Things to do in Fall
The leaves are changing, the temps are cooling, and pumpkin spice is in all of our foods. It’s Fall! Even if you don’t look forward to the chillier weather, it’s hard to deny the beauty of the changing colors. Whether you want to enjoy the colors of the season or prefer the warmth of indoor events, here is a list of things to do in Fall in the Denver Metropolitan Area.
The Denver Botanic Gardens Pumpkin Festival is Friday, October 12 thru Sunday, October 14. The event runs 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., with tickets ranging in price from $4 – $8 for advanced purchases and $6-$10 at the door. The festival includes activities for all ages including local craft booths, food trucks/vendors, beer and wine vendors, entertainment and live music, entry to the pumpkin patch, antique tractor exhibit, pony rides and horse drawn hayrides, games, and so much more!
Maker Faire Denver is Saturday, October 13 and Sunday, October 14, at the National Western Complex. Creative minds across the Rocky Mountains will be featuring their creations, along with hand-on activities, presentations, and competitions. No matter your hobby – gaming, crafting, trains, jewelry, science – you’ll find something that peaks your interest! Tickets range from $8 – $15, children 4 and under are free. Oktoberfest Trains will be running the last three weekends in October at Georgetown Loop Railroad. Enjoy the scenery while riding in a heated train car. There will be a free microbrew beer tasting for all adult riders, root beer for the kids, and everyone gets a bratwurst or hot dog. Tickets range from $19.95 – $45.
November brings us Veteran’s Day, a day to recognize and honor our veterans. This year is the 100th anniversary of the WWI Armistice and there are many celebrations throughout the Denver Metropolitan Area:
- 20 – Nov. 11 Glass Poppy Display: To Commemorate 100th WWI Armistice Anniversary & Veterans Day
- Friday, Oct. 26, 2018, 7:30 p.m. Parker Symphony Orchestra: Salute
- Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2018, 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Aurora Veterans Salute
- Wednesday, Nov. 7, 6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Serving with Honor: A Volunteer Appreciation Event
- Saturday, Nov. 10, 10:00 a.m. – 2 p.m. Veterans Appreciation Breakfast
- Saturday, Nov. 10, 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Fort Logan Tours
- Saturday, Nov. 10, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Denver Veterans Day Parade
- Saturday, Nov. 10, 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Denver Veterans Day Festival
- Monday, Nov. 12, 10:00 a.m. Broomfield Veterans Day Ceremony
We hope this list of Things to do in Fall gives you some ideas on how to enjoy the best that Denver Metro has to offer!